- Advertisement -

British father died on family vacation to Disney Environment in Florida right after ingesting fentanyl, inquest informed


A British father died on a relatives trip to Disney Entire world in Florida after ingesting the artificial opioid fentanyl, an inquest has been informed.

Philip Weybourne, from West Malling in Kent, was on getaway in the United States with his spouse and younger son when he instantly fell sick in Could. 

The 40-12 months-outdated, who was the director of an international IT organization, collapsed and died soon after heading to a bar at the Yacht Club resort in Epcot.

An inquest into his loss of life held at Maidstone County Hall read though he was rushed to medical center, his situation deteriorated quickly and he could not be saved.

A blood examination after his demise found that he experienced fatal degrees of fentanyl in his procedure – a highly effective artificial opioid identical to morphine which demands only two milligrams to demonstrate likely fatal.

The drug, which killed pop star Prince, is considered to have been responsible for the deaths of approximately a single million people today in the United States since 1999.

According to the United States Drug Enforcement Administration: ‘Fentanyl is the single deadliest drug threat our country has at any time encountered. No neighborhood is protected from this poison.’

Philip Weybourne died after ingesting a fatal amount of fentanyl while on holiday in Florida

Philip Weybourne died immediately after ingesting a fatal amount of money of fentanyl even though on getaway in Florida

The 40-year-old had been to the Boathouse restaurant in Orlando with his wife and young son for lunch on the day of his death, and left feeling well

The 40-calendar year-previous had been to the Boathouse cafe in Orlando with his wife and young son for lunch on the working day of his death, and left sensation well

In a statement study at the hearing, his wife Dorlyn Weybourne claimed: ‘We commenced our holiday getaway at Disneyland, in Orlando, Florida, on Might 20, 2022.

‘On Could 23, we woke up late and experienced no theme parks to show up at on that day.

‘It was just heading to be a relaxing working day, we booked a food at the Boathouse, a seafood restaurant at Disney Springs which is also household to excursions in classic amphibious automobiles.

‘My son and I had been shopping and met with Philip at 1pm at the Boat Residence.’

Her assertion continued: ‘We experienced the very best lunch, we drunk champagne like we did when we lived in Dubai.

‘Afterwards we went on an amphibious auto ride and to end our day we headed back to the resort at about 5.30pm.’

Mrs Weybourne defined that her husband, the Middle East director of Excis Compliance Confined, a global IT guidance business, wanted to carry on ingesting and went to the Yacht Club hotel at Epcot Resorts Boulevard alone.

The family returned to the hotel before Mr Weybourne went to the Yacht Club hotel  (pictured) in Epcot for a drink, where he later collapsed

The family members returned to the resort before Mr Weybourne went to the Yacht Club hotel  (pictured) in Epcot for a drink, wherever he later collapsed

What is fentanyl and why is it so hazardous?

Fentanyl was originally developed in Belgium in the 1950s to assist most cancers people with their suffering administration. 

Offered its serious potency it has turn into popular amongst leisure drug customers. 

Overdose fatalities linked to synthetic opioids like fentanyl jumped from approximately 10,000 in 2015 to just about 20,000 in 2016 – surpassing prevalent opioid painkillers and heroin for the initially time. 

And drug overdoses killed more than 72,000 men and women in the US in 2017 – a report pushed by fentanyl. 

It is frequently added to heroin simply because it generates the exact same substantial as the drug, with the outcomes biologically similar. But it can be up to 50 occasions a lot more strong than heroin, in accordance to officers in the US. 

In the US, fentanyl is categorised as a routine II drug – indicating it has some professional medical use but it has a sturdy potential to be abused and can develop psychological and bodily dependence. 


Right after he showered he headed to the bar.

Two hours later Mrs Weybourne listened to a knock at her resort place doorway and she was advised that her partner had been taken in an ambulance to hospital.

Mrs Weybourne reported: ‘I questioned them if it was warmth stroke or a coronary heart attack.’

He was taken to AdventHealth Celebration, a close by tiny care hospital, whose people are usually vacationers browsing Disney Environment.

Mrs Weybourne additional: ‘When I obtained to the clinic I did not see my spouse. I just recall the health care provider telling me his time of demise, 8:06pm.’

The health professionals advised Mrs Weybourne that her spouse had died from a cardiac arrest.

After the autopsy it was unveiled that he had fatal ranges of fentanyl in his procedure.

Assistant coroner Catherine Wood mentioned: ‘This have to have been pretty tricky and distressing for Mr Weybourne’s household.

‘I you should not know the circumstances that led up to his loss of life as Mr Weybourne died in one more country.

‘He had no fundamental wellbeing challenges and I am information, right after the findings of the autopsy, that his dying was caused by fatal amounts of fentanyl, a synthetic opioid applied as a ache treatment.

‘I offer you my honest condolences to Mr Weybourne’s family members.

‘It must have been a wonderful shock and not some thing you wanted to relive at the inquest.

‘I hope you can begin to rebuild your lives.’

Mrs Weybourne was joined by Mr Weybourne’s mother, Margaret, and his sister, Emma Wooden, via online video connection.

They did not desire to comment even more, expressing at the inquest: ‘We spoke about Philip’s daily life at his funeral. It is time for closure.’

Disney has been contacted for comment.

- Advertisement -