- Advertisement -

British man, 57, is run over and killed in Australia by 19-year-old motorist


British man, 57, is run over and killed in Australia by 19-year-old motorist who stopped and tried in vain to save him

  • The 57-year-old Brit was crossing the road in Biggera Waters outside a mall
  • The teenage driver tried to save the man, but he was declared dead at the scene
  • The teen then drove away in a white 2012 Holden Colorado dual cab, police said

A Brit has been knocked down and killed by a young motorist after leaving a shopping entre in Queensland, Australia.

The 57-year-old man was crossing the road in the city of Biggera Waters outside the Harbour Town shopping centre when he was hit by a 19-year-old driver.

The teenager tried desperately to save him, according to police, but emergency services declared the man dead at the scene.

Police said he was hit at about 5.15pm local time today (9.15am BST).

The vehicle was a white 2012 Holden Colorado dual cab which police said travelled towards the south of the city after the incident. 

A man has died after being struck by a vehicle at Biggera Waters this afternoon, Wednesday October 26. Filephoto: The Broadwater foreshore at Biggera Waters, Queensland

‘Preliminary information indicates the 57-year-old man was crossing Oxley Drive when he was struck by a white 2012 Holden Colorado dual cab utility travelling south,’ said the police in a statement.

‘The driver, a 19-year-old Biggera Waters man stopped and rendered immediate assistance to the man ahead of the emergency response, however the pedestrian died at the scene.

‘The Forensic Crash Unit will investigate and are appealing for witnesses, especially those with dashcam vision or CCTV of the crash, or the moments leading up to it to come forward.’

Police are asking anyone with information to call 1800 333 000 or report online at www.crimestoppersqld.com.au.

A teenager driver also killed a Brit in 2018 while driving a pizza delivery truck.

In August this year, British expat Alistair Bidmead was killed where working as a stonemason in Sydney when several tonnes of scaffolding and bricks came loose and killed him.

- Advertisement -