“The new e-filing portal is aimed at providing taxpayer convenience and a modern, seamless experience to taxpayers,” the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) said in a statement.
The CBDT, which comes under the finance ministry, also stated that a mobile app of the portal will be released after the launch of the portal.
Here are the key things to know about the new portal:
* All interactions and uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for follow-up action by taxpayer on www.incometax-.gov.in.
* Free of cost income tax return (ITR) preparation software would be available with interactive questions to help taxpayers for ITRs 1, 4 (online and offline) and ITR 2 (offline) to begin with and facility for preparation of ITRs 3, 5, 6, 7 will be made available shortly, a tax department statement said.
* Taxpayers would be able to proactively update their profile to provide certain details of income including salary, house property, business/profession which will be used in pre-filling their ITR.
* Detailed enablement of pre-filling with salary income, interest, dividend and capital gains will be available after TDS and SFT statements are uploaded (due date is June 30), the statement added.
* A new call centre for taxpayer assistance for prompt response to queries, detailed FAQs, user manuals, videos and chatbot/live agent has also been provided.
* Functionalities for filing I-T forms, submitting responses to notices in faceless scrutiny or appeals would be available, the statement further mentioned.
✅New, taxpayer friendly e-filing portal of IT Department to be launched on 7th June, 2021✅Several new features int… https://t.co/GOBTwlg3Ws
— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) 1622910224000