Anti-slip tape is one of the most versatile tools in a maintenance worker’s toolkit. Not only can it be used as a safety precaution on stairs, but it also works well in other areas where slippery surfaces are an issue.
Here are some places you should consider using anti-slip tape:
- Escalator steps are usually made of steel, whereas handrails are made of aluminum or stainless steel.
- There are two types of escalators: moving walkways and escalators that move up and down. The moving walkways can be found in airports and shopping malls. These moving walkways don’t move vertically like an escalator, but slide people to their destination instead. These are also called travelators or conveyors; they’re designed to help keep people moving through crowded areas safely while saving space and money by avoiding the need for additional personnel such as security guards or ticket takers at busy airport terminals where there may be long waits at security checkpoints.*
- Both types have steps that can be made out of several materials including wood (wooden), plastic (polyester) or metal (steel). If it’s necessary for you to identify your step material type before applying anti-slip tape on it then check whether there is any visible evidence on its surface which indicates what kind material was used in making those steps – this could either be a sticker placed somewhere near them so check closely around each one before deciding which one needs more attention than others.”
In outdoor stairs, the anti slip stair nosing tape should be applied at the top, bottom and landings of stairs. The purpose of applying anti-slip tape on these areas is to warn individuals who might slip or trip when walking down a flight of stairs. Anti-slip tape will help prevent accidents from occurring due to wet floors and slippery conditions caused by ice or snow.
Anti-slip tapes are also used in other areas such as parking lots and garages where there is a possibility that someone may fall due to icy conditions on the ground surface. Anti-slip tapes can be installed over entire surfaces such as floors or walls depending on what material is being used for construction purposes (e.g., concrete).
Stairs that connect outdoor areas to indoor areas
Stairs are a common place for slips to happen. When you’re walking down the stairs, there’s a chance that you might slip and fall if the surface isn’t well-covered. You can use anti-slip tape at the bottom of your stairs to prevent this from happening.
Curved stairs and elevators
Curved stairs and elevators are a problem because they can become slippery. The problem is that they are curved and have a lot of friction in their design, which makes them especially susceptible to slip accidents. Anti-slip tape can help lessen this effect by adding traction to the surface so that it’s easier for people to walk on. The most common way of using anti-slip tape on curved stairs and elevators would be wrapping it around the railings or using adhesive strips like those used for kitchen floors.
Public transportation platforms and steps
Public transportation platforms and steps are a great place to use anti-slip tape. Whether it’s at an airport, train station or bus stop, anti-slip tape can be used on the flooring where people walk. The same goes for escalators in public transportation stations as well.
Anti-slip tape is also useful on steps leading up to platforms, because this is often where many slips occur.
Stairwells and hallways in multi-story buildings
Stairwells and hallways are areas where people are often in a hurry to get to their destination, whether it’s the office or their car. They’re also among the most dangerous places for slips, trips, and falls because they’re often cluttered with debris like boxes and trash cans. Anti-slip tape can save lives by reducing the chances of a person slipping on these surfaces and falling down the stairs.
Some people may think that anti-slip tape is only for industrial applications but this isn’t true at all! In fact, you’ll find it at just about every mall and grocery store in America (or anywhere else with stairs). In addition to preventing slips on staircases themselves, anti-slip tape is also used under carpeting so that people don’t slip when walking over wet floors such as those found inside shopping malls during rainy seasons or other times when there may be excess water around due to leaks above ground level flooring systems.”
Flooring in washrooms, bathrooms, and locker rooms
- Washrooms, bathrooms and locker rooms
- Anti-slip tape is a practical solution to prevent slips and falls in areas where there is a high risk of accidents. It can be installed on the flooring of washrooms, bathrooms, classrooms and other public environments that are subject to heavy foot traffic. The material is easy to clean and maintain due to its non-adhesive surface which allows it to be cleaned without damaging the floor beneath it. You won’t have any trouble finding anti-slip tape if you’re looking for it; there are several different colors available as well as finishes such as matte or textured rubberized textures that will help prevent slips by providing traction even when wet or damp surfaces occur due to humidity levels in your home’s environment
Handrails and railings
Handrails and railings are an important part of any building. They provide support for the elderly, disabled and pregnant women, as well as those carrying heavy loads or people with limited mobility.
Handrails should be placed on stairs at least 3 feet from each wall so you can grab them easily when climbing up or down the stairs.
When installing handrails on stairs, they should be firmly attached to their surface without any gap between them and your walls or other things like furniture that might allow someone to slip through.
Anti-slip tape is a must in construction areas. It can be used to prevent slips, trips and falls on stairs, ladders and walkways. Anti-slip tape can also be used to keep workers from tripping over tools and equipment that are on the ground.
Anti-slip tape is available in different colors such as yellow, red, green or black. The color of anti-slip tape you choose will depend on your personal preference or workplace requirements
Anti-slip tape can be used for so many different safety applications.
Anti-slip tape can be used in so many different situations, not just as a safety measure.
It’s a cost-effective solution that only requires you to buy and install the tape, without having to hire a contractor or pay for expensive equipment. This makes it perfect for small businesses or homeowners who don’t have much money to spare.
It’s also quick and easy to install. You don’t need any special tools or training because anti-slip tape is designed with adhesive backing which means it sticks easily onto clean surfaces like concrete, metal and wood.
Anti-slip tape lasts for years under normal use conditions so there’s no need for frequent reapplication unless you’ve got heavy traffic areas where there are constant foot traffic movements every day (for example locker rooms). In these cases regular maintenance will prolong its life span even further!
We hope this blog post has given you some ideas about how anti-slip tape can be used for a variety of different applications. Please feel free to contact our team at DuraTuff if you’re interested in learning more about how we can help keep your facility safe from slips and falls with this product!