LPG & Natural Gas are chemically different gases, as natural gas is methane gas while LPG is propane or butane. Less LPG is required to produce the same amount of heat because of its higher calorific value. Though it is different from natural gas but is derived from natural gas processing. LPG is important for use in industrial, commercial, agricultural, horticultural, and manufacturing applications. It is very economical and has an excellent heating capacity which is why it is most preferred for domestic purposes. LPG can be used for both commercial and non – commercial uses. To count the benefits of LPG we might need another set of fingers.
What makes LPG different from other fuels?
- LPG is clean burning and efficient fuel which makes it environmentally friendly.
- It is less expensive and can be accessed without large investments.
- Since its heating property is better, it needs less time to heat which makes it more effective than other fuels.
- It can be easily transported.
Different steps are taken between the raw form of LPG and the supply to the final consumers. Proper infrastructure is needed for the supply of LPG distribution. LPG which is a byproduct of crude oil refining is delivered from supply points in the liquefied form to bulk storage facilities where it is stored under refrigeration or pressurization. These bulk storage facilities may also have the importing and transporting facility. The LPG is then brought to the cylinder filling plants. The filled cylinders are distributed to a network of intermediaries who then take care of further transportation. The cylinders are finally supplied to retail points from where they are sold to customers.
People mostly use a LPG gas cylinder for home cooking or for any other domestic uses like heating etc .These are delivered right at your doorstep by the gas agencies by booking online through websites or mobile applications. There are certain safety precautions you need to take while using LPG cylinders at home.
- Use cotton Apron while cooking
- Never use a lighted match stick to check gas leaks. A correct way is to place your thumb on the cylinder valve for a few seconds, in case there is a leakage you can feel pressure of the leaking gas.
- Soap solution can be used for checking leaks.
- A cylinder should be kept in an upright position.
- Storage cabinets should not be placed above the gas stove or hot plate.
- In case you smell a gas leak immediately open all the doors and windows of your house and switch off all the electrical appliances.
- Retain safety cap with nylon thread attached to cylinder. Fix the cap on to the valve to stop leak, if any
- Also make it a point to switch off all flames including Lamps and Incense Sticks before connecting/ disconnecting a cylinder.
- Never leave vessels unattended on burners in operation because the content might overflow extinguishing the flame causing a gas leakage
- Always called a trained professional for any problem related to gas cylinder as self – repair is unsafe
- Always keep the gas cylinder in a vertical position.
- Always keep the gas cylinder on a flat surface and never keep it below floor level.
- Do not keep gas cylinders in an enclosed area.
- Always switch off the regulator on the gas Stover before going to sleep.
- Always turn off the regulator on the gas cylinder to cut off the gas supply before going out.
- Do not allow children to play with gas cylinders and gas stoves.
- Get your LPG installation checked every two years.
- Always use an ISI marked hotplate and Rubber Tube.
Contact your nearest gas agency for a safe and reliable home gas delivery service!!